In the pursuit of the Group’s strategy and objectives, our CORE values determine our every action:
• Honesty, integrity and transparency drive our every operation.
• Responsibility and ownership for our actions.
• All stakeholders are seen as equal and valued assets.
• Our people drive our performance and results.
• Our vision for our stakeholders is to deliver value long-term but with stability
being a core pillar.
• Responsible corporate citizenship in respect of our social and
Putprop is a property investment company listed on the main board of the JSE Limited under the real estate sector.
The Company listed on 4 July 1988. (JSE code: PPR) (Registration number: 1988/001085/06) The Company invests in industrial, commercial and retail properties, deriving its income from contracted rentals.
Putprop’s primary objective is to build a quality portfolio with strong contractual cash flows resulting in long-term sustainability and capital appreciation.
Growth will come from strategic investments, focused on industrial, retail and commercial opportunities where yields are enhancing in the medium and long-term.
• Optimise our net income and grow distributions above sector average.
• Reduce our present over-dependence on one single tenant for the major
contractual rental inflow.
• Optimise the asset quality of our portfolio by disposing of non performing and
low grade individual properties.
• Reduce our overweight in the industrial sector by investing in quality, high
yield retail and commercial assets - a balanced sectoral portfolio.
• Gearing to be limited to 35% of our total assets.
• Achieve a balanced geographical exposure in all of our target provinces.
• Achieve lease expiry profiles that the bulk of the contractual rental income is
older than three years.
• Reduction in income from one single tenant from 82% to 55% total
• Sale of Selby Property to allow repositioning in our portfolio and
allow a special distribution to shareholders.
• Gearing during the year increased to 18% from 7% in 2015, but was
well below our mandated level of 35% of total assets.
• Increased holdings in subsidiary and associate companies with long
term contractual rentals.
|Broaden our geographic footprint Into all of the provinces in South Africa||The Group wishes to position itself for long term expansion of its portfolio into all provinces||Acquisition of first property in North West|
|Optimise net income and growth in distributions.||The Group will pursue a more aggressive policy of purchasing high-quality assets, while maintaining focus on refurbishments and redevelopments.||Several assets have been identified for possible acquisition|
|Reduce vacancies and manage the lease expiry profile of the portfolio.||Continue to reduce vacancy Levels to less than property sector average and to increase average lease length of portfolio.||Vacancy level of 6% or less for all sectors|
|Stagger lease expirys on all properties||Ensure that not more than 30% of all leases expire in any one year.||Expiry profile set at 15%|
|Achieve a balanced exposure to the office, retail and industrial property sectors.||Weighting on all sectors to be revisited on an active basis||Commercial sector to be addressed|
© 2014 Putprop Limited